Can you copyright dance moves? The foregoing question was one the 2 Milly vs. Fornite lawsuit brought to the forefront in an American federal court.
While that case raised issues about copyright protection for choreographic works, African dance creators created dance moves that went viral, globally. Here are the top 10 African dance styles that went viral in 2018 compiled by 2nacheki. Chances are you have seen some of these moves or even mimicked them without realizing their origins.
Well now you know.
Photo credit: 2Nacheki
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Teemanay, DJ Dee Money, Meaku