Industry insiders, stakeholders and fans will gather this Friday to begin celebration of the 10th Annual Nigeria Entertainment Awards in New York. The ceremony itself will be held on Sunday, September 6, 2015 at the NYU Skirball Performing Arts Center in New York City.
The Nigeria Entertainment Awards (NEA Awards) was established in 2006 to serve the growing African Population in North America. It is an annual event focused on recognizing the contributions of African Entertainers to the entertainment industry. The event aims to promoting the image and culture of Nigeria. This has increased the awareness of new edgy style of African entertainment that has helped promote Nigerian acts to the world.
This year’s event has most of Nigeria/Africa’s top entertainers confirmed to attend and will be hosted by Ice Prince and Osas Ighodaro.
I think with the continued increase in US-Nigeria & Africa music collaborations and business, it is only a matter of time before you begin to see our American artists sharing the stage in New York with our Nigerian/African artists. So, it is good to see organizers of the NEA continue to step up their game.
To purchase tickets please visit http://neaawards.com
If you are unable to attend the event, you can listen in by downloading the ‘UDR Radio” app from your app store or by simply visiting www.udrradio.com. UDR Radio is owned by Cos Canino, one of the organizers of the NEA Awards.
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society