Hey folks, I will deliver on every promise I have made on this website i.e. two outstanding articles I owe you all on the alleged Tipsy copyright infringement case and the alleged MTN Lagos Fashion Week/Nigeria Fashion Week/African International Film Festival Trademark infringement case. Right now, I gotta take my seasonal vacation. So, I send my warmest thoughts and best wishes for a wonderful holiday and a very happy new year to you all. I’ll be back January 6th, 2012!
It’s gonna be “cray” in 2012. I am excited and I hope you all are too!!!! Below is my selection of 22 Hottest Songs by Nigerian Artists that rocked 2011. Some made legal headlines right here on Africamusiclaw.com. For example 2Face ft. D’Banj’s I’m Feeling Good v. Kelly Hansome and Tipsy’s Emi Naa ni.
Still others like Flavour made a comeback when he dropped his video for this hot song “Adanma” this 2011. A shoutout to M.I’s Action Film who also dropped a video. Also, if you do not see your songs here, I have managed to listen to so many songs this year and have a little over 300 left to go through. In 2012, we ‘ve got 365days to go so hopefully your songs rock and I can share it with my audience. Keep making beautiful music Nigerian artists.
Special shout out to Nigeria’s music auxiliary/supporting services for without you guys, I am unsure the industry would (have) made the huge strides we have so far. I’m talking our music bloggers, magazines, broadcast media, DJs, Publicists and Public Relations Agencies. I salute you all. May God bless your hustles and multiply the fruits of your labor in 2012. Okay folks, “lean wid it, rock wid it” and share with your friends and family. I’ll catch you all in 2012. I am planning my rap debut like Vic-O in 2012 so watch out for that. Heeeey! “Why evils?” Don’t hate, congratulate.”Why evils,” really? All of you are a “weist.” Looool!
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year in Advance! “Let the music pay!!!!”
My personal favorite and #1 Tune for 2011- Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinzu!!!
Listen to all songs below
1. Keresimesi by Flo- Nigerian Contemporary Christian music has never felt so beautiful. I so wanna be thanked for this introduction, for those who have never heard of Flo.[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Keresimesi-by-Flo2.mp3|titles=Keresimesi by Flo2]
2. Feeling Good by 2Face and D’Banj – Kelly Hansome FILE!
[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/2face-ft-Dbanj-Im-feeling-good.mp3|titles=2face ft Dbanj – I’m feeling good]
3. Hello by Sheyman – King of Melody
4. Carolina by Sauce Kid ft. Davido – “Really sweet” doesn’t do justice to this song. Sinzu and Davido we need “mo'” like this, please.[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Carolina-by-SAUCE-KID-ft-Davido.mp3|titles=Carolina by SAUCE KID ft Davido]
5. Ereke by J-Martins – J-Martins turned Love crooner but then again he is getting married in 2012 so that makes sense[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Ereke-by-J-Martins-www.africamusiclaw.com_.mp3|titles=Ereke by J-Martins www.africamusiclaw.com]
6. Do as I do by P-Square ft. Tiwa Savage – Smooth and Sexy.[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/P-Square-Do-As-I-do-ft-Tiwa-Savage-Mayd.mp3|titles=P Square – Do As I do ft Tiwa Savage & Mayd]
7. Love Wan tin tin by Oyinkansola ft. Brymo – The way true love should sound and taste, at least in theory[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Oyinkansola-ft.-Brymo-Love-Wan-Tin-Tin-www.africamusiclaw.com_.mp3|titles=Oyinkansola ft. Brymo ‘Love Wan Tin Tin’ www.africamusiclaw.com]
8.Playboy by Playbuoy ft Brymo – Nigeria’s future is in good hands. Real music[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Playboy-by-Playbuoy-ft-Brymo.mp3|titles=Playboy by Playbuoy ft Brymo]
9. NAWTI by Olu Maintain – Olu made a comeback in 2011. Good look.[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Olu-Maintain-NAWTi.mp3|titles=Olu Maintain – NAWTi]
10. Love Me Love Me Love Me by Tiwa Savage – Sexy voice[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Tiwa-Savage-Love-Me-Love-Me-Love-Me-Ladybrille.com_.mp3|titles=Tiwa Savage Love Me Love Me Love Me]
11. Pakurumo by Wizkid EME Records – EME shuts it down everytime. 2011 was no exception. Seen the video? Wicked![audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Pakurumo-by-Wizkid-EME-Records.mp3|titles=Pakurumo by Wizkid EME Records]
12. Ogaju by DTunes Ft. Dammy Krane Produced by Dtunes – Real music[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Ogaju-by-DTunes-Ft-Dammy-Krane-Prod-by-Dtunes.mp3|titles=Ogaju by DTunes Ft Dammy Krane Prod by Dtunes]
13. Back When by Davido ft Naeto C – Sexy, hot, FIYAH! One word,”Hotness!”[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Davido-ft-Naeto-C-Back-When.mp3|titles=Davido ft Naeto C – Back When]
14. E No Easy by Jarmeu – Real recognize real[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Jarmeu-E-No-Easy.mp3|titles=Jarmeu E No Easy]
15. Emi Naa ni by Tipsy – Talented, witty, funny. She just needs to stay out of legal drama on AML. 🙂[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Tipsy-Emi-Naa-Ni.mp3|titles=Tipsy Emi Naa Ni]
16. Your Fada by Eva – Looooooooool! Hilarious song. Ladies, especially beautiful ladies, have you ever experienced a man try to talk to you thatyou are so not interested in? When you shun him, he gets mad and starts cursing at you? Lol! This song speaks to that experience. I can’t wait to see what Eva has for us in 2012. Her EP (short album) is HOT and available for a free download. Grab your copy here.[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Eva-Your-Fada-Prod.-by-Tintin.mp3|titles=Eva – Your Fada (Prod. by Tintin)]
17. Oliver by Don Jazzy and Mo’Hits Records – EPIC! This song made history in 2011. Black, white, red, yellow, orange got in on the action[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Oliver-by-Don-Jazzy-and-MoHits-Records.mp3|titles=Oliver by Don Jazzy and Mo’Hits Records]
18. Keresimesi by Skales EME Records – EME artists shut it down everytime. You can all go home now. 🙂[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Keresimesi-by-Skales-EME-Records.mp3|titles=Keresimesi by Skales EME Records]
19. Wash Wash by ElDee- Life is too short. Call phony people out on their nonsense, eliminate them from your life and keep it moving. While you do that, don’t be a phony person. This song speaks to that.[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Wash-Wash-by-Eldee-the-Don.mp3|titles=Wash Wash by Eldee the Don]
20. How you Want Am by Ruggedman ft. Funbi – Industry show respect. Rugged got it on lock down. A chill song.[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/How-You-Want-Am-by-Rugged-Man-ft-Funbi.mp3|titles=How You Want Am by Rugged Man ft Funbi]
21. Private Trips by Wande Coal- Millions love him. He is highly talented and his vocals shine on this track.[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Wande-Coal-Private-trips.mp3|titles=Wande Coal -Private trips]
22. Adanma by Flavour N Abania – Adanma hey! Prolific hitmaker. Watch all Nigerian parties this Holiday rock to this.[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Flavour-N-abania-Adanma.mp3|titles=Flavour N abania – Adanma]
Peace. I’m out. *Throws peace sign up. Gets up and exits virtual door.*
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”
- Join us this Sunday, August 16, 2020, for the ‘Black is King’ Africa Music Law Podcast Roundtable (LIVE STREAM)!