“50 Cent can’t get 50 cents out of his ATM, because his personal bank account is now off limits.
It seems 50 didn’t pay a whopping $17.2 million judgment over a deal he made to market headphones for a company called Sleek Audio. Sleek claimed 50 stole its design and then tried marketing it on his own. The law sided with Sleek, and 50 got hit with the massive judgment.
Legal Lesson: If you don’t pay a judgment, the winner can garnish your wages and freeze your bank accounts. ..”
TMZ has the full story.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”