Nigeria and Africa’s contemporary music legend, 2Face, turned the big 4-0 on September 18, 2015. Prior to and since then, tributes have poured in with a final climax being an all star tribute, this past Sunday, at Eko Hotel in Lagos. Congratulations to 2Face.
I’ll share my personal experience with 2Face. I have had the privilege of meeting and engaging with some of most powerful and/or popular people in the world. Yet, of all the high and not so high profile persons I have met in my travels and work, I think 2Face is probably one of the most humble if not the most humble I have met, to date.
2Face has absolutely no airs about him, no arrogance, he is accessible and almost acts like he is that friend and brother to all. Indeed, what you see is what you get. If you ever hear of 2Face being rude, inaccessible etc., it is most likely not coming from him. Again, an extremely humble guy with a great disposition.
I wish him and his family nothing but continued success and long life.
Below is what I consider the 7 best heart melting 2Face love songs. They are songs I have enjoyed over the years. The songs depict the reality and life cycle of relationships, especially those in their infancy stage.
(Update: 2Face’s Fortyfied celebration)
2. Be there
3. True Love
4. If love is a crime
5. African Queen
6. Take it Back
iTunes affiliate disclaimer.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”