The actor says he is suing the online news site, OMG , for defamation and causing him and his family unnecessary stigmatisation, putting his acting career in danger and making him a target of public scorn and neglect.
It is not yet clear the quantum of damages the actor may be demanding from the news site. But he has made his intentions clear he would be seeking for a retraction, an apology and damages.
Though the alarming report went viral within minutes after it was published, the site has since pulled it down and explained it as a satirical piece.
The report was put out at a time the world is still struggling to curb the Ebola virus, with Liberia being one of the worst affected countries.
Interestingly, Van Vicker has a Liberian linage and has produced a couple of his movies in that country.
Therefore the rumour that Van had contracted Ebola while on a working trip to that country and had been quarantined there seemed believable and caused some panic…” Modern Ghana has the full story.
Photocredit: Van Vicker FB fan page
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society