“Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who will appear in the upcoming films “Thor: The Dark World” and “Pompeii,” has joined the cast of the upcoming film remake of the 1982 movie musical “Annie,” which will star 2013 Academy Award nominee Quvenzhane Wallis (“Beasts of the Southern Wild”), according to Deadline.com.
Akinnuoye-Agbaje, whose film credits also include “Bullet to the Head” and “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra,” will play Nash, the bodyguard and driver for Benjamin Stacks, a variation of Oliver “Daddy” Warbucks (to be played by Academy Award winner Jamie Foxx), who is a potential mayoral candidate in the new adaptation.
As previously reported, Tony Award nominee Bobby Cannavale (The Big Knife, The Motherf**ker with the Hat) has signed on to play a tough political adviser to Stacks. Golden Globe nominee Cameron Diaz (“There’s Something About Mary”) is also attached to star in the film, which will be produced by Will Smith and Jay-Z. Diaz will play evil orphanage matron Miss Hannigan. Golden Globe nominee Rose Byrne, known for her television work on the series “Damages,” is in talks to play Grace. . .”
Playbill has the full story.
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company