An AML reader contacted me about the flooding going on in Delta State. Unfortunately I had very limited information at the time to share with you all, including the Channels TV recent discussions on this. There has been ongoing flooding in Delta State that is being compared to the type of flooding we saw in New Orleans, here in the USA. The flood has displaced over 100,000 families leaving them homeless and without food.
On October 15th-16th, 2012, Actress Genevieve Nnaji along with the Mavin Crew (Artists Tiwa Savage and Dr. Sid and Music Producer & label owner Don Jazzy), through their “Reach Out” program organized relief supplies and joined in providing relief efforts to flood victims in the Asaba, Delta State region.
“This is just the beginning, as our country has never experienced anything like this,” said Nnaji in discussing Reach Out initiative in helping the flood victims. ” The government is doing the best they can, but we as citizens, can also partake in helping the situation in the best way we can. The plan is to get more people involved, and visit more relief camps in the affected states.”
Folks, you can be a part of the solution by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out how.
Channels TV Coverage of the Flooding Issues
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo
- AML 147: Meet Temi Adeniji, MD Warner Music South Africa & SVP, Strategy, Sub-Saharan Africa
- AML 146: Women in “Afrobeats” Music – Eva Alordiah, Weird MC, Joy Tongo
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry