The Nigerian Law Intellectual Property Watch (NLIPW) recently published an article titled, ’10 Useful Sites for Intellectual Property in Africa.’ Making the list is our very own Africa Music Law™ ! *Gets on stage, holds the “music law grammy award on left hand,” pulls three pages of paper out with right hand. Begins speech. “I will like to thank my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, my family, my primary school amigo, my CDSS Ikeja BFFs for life, all my haters.” Looooool!
It’s award season here in the States so I need to prep you guys up. On a more serious note, thanks to NLIPW for the flattering review. NLIPW’s website is an excellent resource especially for IP practitioners and is one I subscribe and reference periodically here on AML. So, it is indeed an honor to be listed.
“January 9, 2014 — For brand owners, creative professionals, researchers and innovators, the African continent is an exciting yet challenging jurisdiction. In recent times, a common thread running through news reports and public discourse on IP issues, indicates that there is better appreciation of the need to protect and enforce intellectual property rights.
We begin this year by looking at a few websites and blogs that provide great information and are useful resources for IP in Africa. The sites are listed in no particular order and their coverage and description only represent the opinions of NLIPW editors and staff. . .”
NLIPW has the full story.
- AML 159: Meet Gary W. Goldstein, Iconic Hollywood Producer
- AML 158: Wizkid x Tems x Justin Bieber “Essence,” Drake CLB, Nextflix in Africa & More!
- AML 157: 1:1 Interview with Top Media Executive Fentselite on Life, Career & More!
- AML 156: How Bad Metadata Makes Artists Lose Out on Royalties with Keith Kirk
- AML 155: NFTs for Artists with David Bianchi, Creator of “The Modern Day-Minstrel” Show