I wrote a post last night, it was one of the last things I did,thanking God for Kefee’s life and the fact that reports stated that she was coming out of her coma. How very unfortunate and sad to hear this morning that she is dead.
A few weeks ago, Kefee was on a 14-hour flight to Chicago for an event. She went into a coma on the flight, causing the crew to make an emergency landing for urgent medical care. Last week we were informed she was in a coma. Today she is dead. May her soul rest in perfect peace.
Official Statement from her team
On behalf of the family….It is with a great sadness but grateful hearts that we announce the passing to glory due to lungs failure this morning of our God’s mouth piece, chorus leader, daughter, wife, sister, friend Kefee Branama Queen … May her beautiful, gentle and precious soul rest in perfect peace. Amen!!
PS: In contrast to all earlier rumors and stories in circulation, I do state that Kefee wasn’t 6 months pregnant and neither did she have pre-eclampsia.
For the family
Adeline Adelicious Adebayo, (Kefee’s UK Manager)
Kefee had just finished film school in the USA, and released this track in late May.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives