I watched this video on Akon discussing how Africans can and should rebrand Africa through marketing and promotions like their western counterparts weeks ago but deem it appropriate to share at this time. I must add that I don’t entirely agree with Akon, particularly in the area of covering up issues that occur in the industry/within the community in furtherance of the greater good. I do, however, think there are more tactful ways to share the not so good news or challenge to improve as Africans.
By the way, if you are interested in a discussion on nation branding, principles of which can be extended into continent branding, click here.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives