1. Less than a year after the great news that Alicia Keys was joining Blackberry as Creative Director, we opened 2014 with news of her exit. One year is needless to say, not enough time to see the true results of her role as ‘Creative Director.’ Her exit just underscores the importance of being fully aware of the contract deals you enter into as brand ambassadors whether on the music or film business, and actually not being afraid to let go if it is not a fit.
2. Diddy is always on his business hustle. It is no wonder he stays on the list of one of the most successful music entrepreneurs in our generation.
Photocredit: Mario Tama/Getty Image
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives