1. Less than a year after the great news that Alicia Keys was joining Blackberry as Creative Director, we opened 2014 with news of her exit. One year is needless to say, not enough time to see the true results of her role as ‘Creative Director.’ Her exit just underscores the importance of being fully aware of the contract deals you enter into as brand ambassadors whether on the music or film business, and actually not being afraid to let go if it is not a fit.
2. Diddy is always on his business hustle. It is no wonder he stays on the list of one of the most successful music entrepreneurs in our generation.
Photocredit: Mario Tama/Getty Image
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Teemanay, DJ Dee Money, Meaku
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Niyi Giggles, Gbenga Solitude, Dokta Frabz, Mathew Ohio
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: How Kaffy Built Nigeria’s Dance Industry From Ground Up