Liz Yemoja was born in Nigeria, but raised in the UK. She began her foray into media in 2009. Armed with sheer determination and focus, Liz started her own online show on youtube ‘The Liz Yemoja Show’ featuring artists from all genres of the Nigerian entertainment industry from M.I Abaga, Mohits, (Wande Coal, Dbanj, Donjazzy), Dj Zeez, Sauce Kid, The Late Dagrin, Eldee The Don, Kojo Comedian, Eddie Kadi, and many more.
The show was an instant success and got her noticed by executives at one of Nigeria’s leading record labels, Storm 360. Storm 360 executives offered her an opportunity to present season three of Channel O’s 100% Naija where she interviewed Nigerians in the Diaspora making a positive impact in their society. The interviews were filmed in London (UK), New York (USA), and Nigeria. She later went on to co-present ‘The Magazine Show’ which was filmed Live and aired on Ben Television in the United Kingdom from 2010 – 2012. She is currently a radio host for iGroove Radio and an online media manager for Nigeria’s foremost women’s magazine Genevieve Magazine. Liz is also a successful fashion entrepreneur selling her brand of eye lashes.
Liz is currently nominated for the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards in New York. Please vote for her here as the Best Entertainment Personality of the Year. Voting ends today.
In This Episode, You Will Learn About:
- Liz Yemoja’s background.
- How Liz Yemoja broke into the industry.
- What the media is looking for.
- How artists can get radio airplay, with a focus on IGroove Radio.
- Tips for entrepreneurs.
Links & Resources in Show
Where to Send Your Comments
- If you enjoy the show, you can leave a comment on AML’s iTunes or Stitcher page; and/or
- Send your voice or written comments to (firstname.lastname@example.org); or
- Leave a comment directly on the blog.
AML Contact & Links
Sponsorship and/or Guest Appearances
Please send email to: (email@example.com)
Thanks for Listening!
If you enjoyed the show, please share on your social media pages and with friends and family. Also if you have any questions, please feel free to send an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- AML 163: Tiwa Savage v. Sex Tape Blackmailer, Drake & Chris Brown Sued & More!
- Meet Awin Tavakoli: Lawyer, Speaker & Business Advisor
- AML 161: Fawehinmi “Foza” Oyinkansola and Iredumare Opeyemi Kick Off the AML Superfan Lounge!
- AML 160: NBC Universal & Showmax, Ckay, Iyanya, Warner Music & More
- AML 159: Meet Gary W. Goldstein, Iconic Hollywood Producer