(Update: Please click link for the Sugabelly v. Mustapha Audu rape case)
Who Owns Sex Tweets? Bloggers SugaBelly v. Linda Ikeji at Loggerheads
ASK MS. UDUAK: In this episode of The Africa Music Law Show with Ms. Uduak, Ms. Uduak takes on the heated debate sprung on by bloggers Sugabelly and Celebrity blogger Linda Ikeji.
Sugabelly was an invited host for the No Holds Barred interactive (NHBi) Twitter chat, an ongoing one year twitter chat forum focused on relationships. To kick off the discussion on the selected topic ‘Woman count’ she revealed she had been with 13 sexual partners. Celebrity legal blogger Linda Ikeji shared that tweet among others on her platform. This resulted in Sugabelly and NHBi asking that she take it down and Sugabelly arguing copyright law protects her tweets including the one revealing the amount of sexual partners she has had. Is she right? Find out as California based fashion and entertainment lawyer Uduak Oduok (Ms. Uduak) takes on this hot topic.
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”
- Join us this Sunday, August 16, 2020, for the ‘Black is King’ Africa Music Law Podcast Roundtable (LIVE STREAM)!