(Exclusive) SAEON on Wizkid Contract Dispute, her Career, New Label &
Advice for Artists.
R &B emerging artist SAEON, signed to Baseline Records, grants an exclusive interview to Ms. Uduak on The Africa Music Law Podcast Show. On the show, Saeon discusses the controversial dispute between fellow artist Wizkid for her hit song ‘Boogie Down’ ft. Wizkid, signing to Baseline Records, her latest EP and much more.
Inside this Episode:
- Saeon speaks on the real deal with Wizkid and the ‘Boogie Down’ song.
- Using social media to air her grievances.
- Operating her own independent company prior to signing to her new label Baseline Records.
- Her new label Baseline.
- Her EP, family and the need for the industry to stay a stronger role in saying “no” to violence against women.
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo
- AML 147: Meet Temi Adeniji, MD Warner Music South Africa & SVP, Strategy, Sub-Saharan Africa
- AML 146: Women in “Afrobeats” Music – Eva Alordiah, Weird MC, Joy Tongo
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry