[spp-player]New York based rapper Chosan, of Sierra Leone heritage, joins Ms. Uduak on the Africa Music Law show to close out 2014.
Chosan talks about his recent breakup/divorce, his music, the music business and his dispute with Kanye West over West’s alleged infringement of his copyrights.
In 2005, Chosan consulted with Kanye West on blood diamonds in Sierra Leone for West’s song ‘Diamonds are Forever.’ Chosen shared his knowledge and also crafted and performed the introduction in the song’s music video. Unfortunately, he never received credit, neither was he compensated.Three years later, after Chosan raised a lot of noise in the media, West reached and worked out a confidential settlement with Chosan.
Quote: “You could be in a dysfunctional relationship and overstay being there.” – Chosan
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company