Welcome to another week of . . . well . . . we will see what this week brings!
I told you all my favorite genre of music is hip-hop, not to be confused with hip-slop. I love rap music, especially the kind that leaves me with a natural high that inspires and makes me step into the world to basically “shut things down” on everything I do and touch.
I’ve got such hip-hop to kick things off this week. My AML artist of the week is none other than emerging Christian hip-hop artist Andy Mineo!! Signed to Reach Records (same label with Lecrae, Trip Lee, Pro etc.), Mineo is best described as a dope, dope, dope artist! He is crazy on the mic and every aspect of his musical composition and delivery is always on point. To top it off, he serves a healthy dose of some of that good, like really good Christian hip-hop stuff. I can’t get enough of him.
Christian hip-hop has not really enjoyed the spotlight that I believe it deserves but with the latest crop of artists killing it the way they are, it is only a matter of time many, like me, will be looking for more.
Andy Mineo dropped a GREAT free mix tape. You guys can check a few songs out below and be sure to hit my front page www.africamusiclaw.com for his full playlist.
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company