One thing you have to give Wizkid and Davido credit for is that these young men hustle really hard for their money. Wizkid is a self proclaimed “studio rat” and Davido does not let his father’s wealth get in the way of him earning his money, on his own terms, you know like real men do?
These two have also taken the baton where older musicians have stopped, to a higher level with aggressive touring schedules. While they tend to focus on the international market, I think I ought to give a shoutout to Lynxxx of Syndik8 Records who, to me, really led the way in a nationwide tour in Nigeria; and also continues to tour stateside as well.
Good look fellas. A shoutout to all the Nigerian/African and non-African promoters inviting our artists to perform across the globe and paying them very good money for it too.
Folks, check out video clips of the recent performances of the duo in Amsterdam and the UK respectively.
AML artists, send me your touring news to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives