Sam Onyemelukwe is a music industry executive who hails from a creative background. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts from the University of Southern California and later obtained dual masters degrees (MBA and MS Information Systems) from Boston University.
Onyemelukwe began his career at Walt Disney Television in Los Angeles, California in the early ‘90s. He spent the next decade between the worlds of fashion and music, producing and directing television shows and events, grooming emerging talents as well as crafting advertising campaigns. Onyemelukwe continued his career in branding and marketing at the Global Headquarters of the McCann Erickson Advertising Agency in New York City. Onyemelukwe, most recently, was Business Development Manager in Nigeria for MTV Networks where he created and executed campaigns, including concert events, club parties and television productions for the likes of LG, Coca Cola, Airtel and Cadbury’s Buttermint, among many high profile brands. He is currently the Managing Director of the media brand TRACE Anglophone for West Africa.
- AML 137: Meet Leyla Konjo, Africa’s Music Industry Top Booking Agent (Interview)
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry