Sam Onyemelukwe is a music industry executive who hails from a creative background. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts from the University of Southern California and later obtained dual masters degrees (MBA and MS Information Systems) from Boston University.
Onyemelukwe began his career at Walt Disney Television in Los Angeles, California in the early ‘90s. He spent the next decade between the worlds of fashion and music, producing and directing television shows and events, grooming emerging talents as well as crafting advertising campaigns. Onyemelukwe continued his career in branding and marketing at the Global Headquarters of the McCann Erickson Advertising Agency in New York City. Onyemelukwe, most recently, was Business Development Manager in Nigeria for MTV Networks where he created and executed campaigns, including concert events, club parties and television productions for the likes of LG, Coca Cola, Airtel and Cadbury’s Buttermint, among many high profile brands. He is currently the Managing Director of the media brand TRACE Anglophone for West Africa.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”