Ty Bello releases her latest album titled ‘The Morning Song Book.’ What’s interesting about this album is that it reminds me of the gospel group Panam Percy Paul in terms of the quality of production and the clarity of sound. I recall when I would listen to Panam Percy, I thought it was a group from the USA. Listening to Ty Bello, I think I am listening to some worship group out of the USA.
It is interesting she chose to give the album for free. I think Blitz’s the Ambassador’s model where he streams his full album but makes it available for purchase is a good way to go. Most music fans want to support good music and artists. Anyway,listen in on the album and tell me what you think.
THE MORNING SONG BOOK (10.10.14)
“Today’s date is really interesting. In so many ways, it speaks of complete cycles- Perfection, Double 7+7=14,Two complete cycles, Whole.
In 2009, I begun this amazing season where I would write music to God as my morning devotion. It was a unique time of discovery and I felt it was a unique way to give of myself, open and sincere. It wasn’t long that I realized that I was receiving way more than I was giving. Every beautiful exchange with God always leaves us with more.
I was also humbled when I got this heartfelt assurance that he thought the songs were perfect.
Perfect?? If you’ve ever written music you would know that ‘perfect’ is the one word that simply evades. Well, it has taken a number of years to make and here it is. My gift to God and His to me .And yours for free for as long as I can keep it so.On a perfect day.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives