It is easy to be very dismissive of Cossy Orjiakor, the self proclaimed sexologist who appears to flaunt her quadriple sized boobs in the faces of all who meet her, both on and offline. This post is not about Cossy Orjiakor’s larger than life boobs, the controversies that surround her etc. That is all old news of which, for my purpose, is irrelevant.
This post is about a basic life lesson to glean from Orjiakor. I believe that we learn a lot from the people we see and meet everyday if we are willing to get off our soap boxes and truly pay attention to the things life attempts to teach us. For our purposes, AML artists and industry professionals, the lesson here is simple. You want something, ask for it. You want something, go for it. Tell the people that you want something from that they know they “want (you)” because you are talented, determined, hardworking etc. and then, go get it.
Cossy wants money, she wants the finer things in life. What does she do, she boldly makes a video and tells her target audience (men, albeit horny men) how they want her. She says you know “you want me.” Sure you can have me and explains how.The video may or may not be one to be taken literally. But, the point is that she is very connected to her audience and is unafraid to put herself out there like that.
If Cossy is bold enough to ask for want she wants and take the extra steps to put herself out there under the guise of a singing career, what stops you AML artists, entrepreneurs and other AML industry professionals from boldly asking for what you want in life and going for what you want?
Take a lesson from Cossy Orjiakor. You want something, ask for it. Go get it.
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company