I am very proud of the work my team and I did for the latest cover of Ladybrille Magazine which continues to celebrate brilliant women. We have been five (5) years at it and I continue to be inspired by the exceptional women we feature. They really push me to do more and strive for excellence in all that I do. Below is the note I shared on Facebook regarding the cover and our prior women:
“The Ladybrille Woman is:
1. Beautiful inside and out.
2. Fearless, she does not run from problems that need to be resolved.
3. She is unapologetic about who and what she stands for, her intelligence and her brilliance.
4. She is a Trailblazer
5. She is unwillingly to and rejects those who attempt to say she is inadequate or simply not enough. She simply does not let the opinions of others control her life.
6. She lifts as she climbs.
7. She is involved in endless charity work and gives of her time and resources to her community.
8. She pushes to be a better version of herself and embraces her spirituality as much as she does her intellect and outward beauty.
9. She is decisive, knows what she wants from life and is unafraid to go for it.
10. The Ladybrille woman is just simply herself i.e. brilliant.
You have met so many of these remarkable women over time.
For October, in behalf of Ladybrille Magazine, I am honored to have the First African American Supermodel, Ms. Beverly Johnson, who embodies all of the above qualities, as our Ladybrille Woman of the Month for October 2012.
Stay tuned for her interview!
-Uduak Oduok, Esq.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”