What Does the Future of Digital Music Distribution & Marketing Look Like in Africa?
Mark Redguard, an American Entertainment Lawyer turned Chief Marketing Officer of Spinlet, Africa’s Foremost Digital Music Distribution Company, and Chief Executive Officer of 960 Music Group, discusses the past, present and future of digital music distribution and music marketing in Africa with a focus on Nigeria.
“960 Music Group, headquartered in Lagos, is a Nigerian record company, content owner, and artist management firm focused on providing diverse audio and visual entertainment across Nigeria, Africa and the rest of the World. Current labels under 960 Music are Hypertek Digital (2Face), Aristokrat Records and Spaghetti Records (Nigeria).”
Prior to Redguard’s move to Africa, he worked with many prominent American artists including Michael Jackson (RIP), Whitney Houston (RIP), Jennifer Lopez, Jazzy Jeff and Will Smith. Redguard also worked with top music record label brands such as Universal, EMI, Sony, Warner & VP Records.
- AML 150: Mental Health & Substance Abuse in the Afrobeats Music Industry
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo
- AML 147: Meet Temi Adeniji, MD Warner Music South Africa & SVP, Strategy, Sub-Saharan Africa
- AML 146: Women in “Afrobeats” Music – Eva Alordiah, Weird MC, Joy Tongo