What Does the Future of Digital Music Distribution & Marketing Look Like in Africa?
Mark Redguard, an American Entertainment Lawyer turned Chief Marketing Officer of Spinlet, Africa’s Foremost Digital Music Distribution Company, and Chief Executive Officer of 960 Music Group, discusses the past, present and future of digital music distribution and music marketing in Africa with a focus on Nigeria.
“960 Music Group, headquartered in Lagos, is a Nigerian record company, content owner, and artist management firm focused on providing diverse audio and visual entertainment across Nigeria, Africa and the rest of the World. Current labels under 960 Music are Hypertek Digital (2Face), Aristokrat Records and Spaghetti Records (Nigeria).”
Prior to Redguard’s move to Africa, he worked with many prominent American artists including Michael Jackson (RIP), Whitney Houston (RIP), Jennifer Lopez, Jazzy Jeff and Will Smith. Redguard also worked with top music record label brands such as Universal, EMI, Sony, Warner & VP Records.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives