[spp-player]Carter J. Russell is an industry veteran with over 35 years of experience in the music industry currently working as an Integrated Development specialist at Comma Music.Prior to Comma, Carter founded Russell Music, LLC. In addition, he held the position of either regional or national director of marketing and promotions at three major labels; namely, Universal Music Group, Elektra Entertainment Group and Buddha Records. Carter has been successful in promoting artists such as: Birdman, Chamillionaire, Lil’ Wayne and Lloyd and Kem. He has received numerous gold and platinum sales awards, from Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), for his achievements. While at Elektra Records and Buddha Records, Carter worked with other artists like Anita Baker, Peabo Bryson, Phyllis Hyman, Teddy Pendergrass and Grover Washington.
Between music promotion and his voice-over work, Carter still finds time to support his favorite charity, Clara’s House, which provides housing and educational programs for women and children survivors of domestic violence. At the Annual Carter Russell Birthday Fundraiser, Carter raises an average of $15,000 in one night. Carter is also a parishioner at Old St. Mary’s in the South Loop and occasionally serves as a guest lecturer at Columbia College in Chicago.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives