Australian rapper Iggy Azalea recently announced her signing of a new record contract with Def Jam. The artist who was formerly with Interscope is thrilled with her new business relationship. Here are the statements released by her and Def Jam:
“We are beyond proud and excited to welcome Iggy to the Island Def Jam family. Iggy has created a massive buzz and rightfully so: she’s incredibly talented, she’s focused, driven, and has great creative tastes and instincts. She is nothing short of an international star, and the team here – including Steve Bartels, Chris Anokute, Karen Kwak, our chairman Barry Weiss and myself – are thrilled she’s chosen Island Records as her U.S. home,” said David Massey, President of Island Records.
“I am elated to be a part of the Island Def Jam family! After speaking in depth with David, Steve and Chris, it became clear that Island Records was attuned to the type of artist I am. They are a great addition to my UK team. Along with T.I. and the Grand Hustle family, I couldn’t have asked for a more understanding and aspirational group of people to work with,” said Azalea.
This is the honey moon phase and I certainly hope it works for them. For AML artists, revisit my discussion on signing record-label agreements to know the basics on the topic.
Warning: Profanities et al. But if you really want to hear how she sounds, click through.
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society