I will wrap my week up on AML with this post on Lupe Fiasco’s ‘Bitch Bad Video.’ I love his video and the message.
You all should start seeing the ‘Awesomely Bad Video’ category here on AML. The category is inspired by Lupe Fiasco’s video.
I’m tired of being sick and tired of some male artists, in Nigeria, who seem very determined to destroy the image of (past), present and future generations of Nigerian women to come, especially on the global front. It’s like they will outshine the (terrible) image Black America’s hip-hop community has created of the Black-American woman globally.
Copy copy nonsense wey no make sense. Even if it happens, I certainly want to know I gave Nigerian wanna be’Bitch bad’ videos and the artists that create them some LL Cool J beat a burglar type of beatings. Did y’all read that story on LL Cool J this week? A burglar attempted to burglarize his home and instead got a beat down, broken nose and LL Cool J detained him via Citizen’s arrest until the cops showed up. Bravo to LL Cool J for defending his turf and protecting his family.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives