“Last year’s Beverly Hills Bar Association entertainment lawyer of the year dinner for litigator Marty Singer featured former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, a racy Tom Arnold routine that referred to his ex-wife Roseanne as a “crazy bitch” and a surprise roast by Charlie Sheen in which the actor said Singer had “f—ed more people than I have.”
Needless to say, everyone knew this year’s ELOY event honoring talent dealmaker Nina Shaw would be a less raucous affair. The dinner gathering at the Beverly Hills Hotel drew Shaw’s partners at the Del Shaw Moonves Tanaka Finkelstein & Lezcano firm as well as clients such as Arsenio Hall and a tribute video featuring Jamie Foxx, Nick Cannon and others.
A less flashy evening was fitting for a lawyer whose reputation is as a mild-mannered, steadfast negotiator who rarely finds herself in the spotlight (The Hollywood Reporter once put Shaw on the cover of its annual Power Lawyers issue and she nearly died of embarrassment). . .”
THR, Esq. has the full story.
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society