Is Beyonce Africa’s music industry’s savior? What’s going on with Wizkid’s career? Why hasn’t he dropped an album since 2017? Has Burna Boy finally proved he is an African Giant? Did the jury get it right with its $2.8 million verdict against Katy Perry for infringing on Flame’s ‘Joyful Noise’ song? Was it necessary for Ubi Franklin to put out the specific statement he did about Tekno leaving MMMG? On the 127 th episode of the Africa Music Law Show, Ms. Uduak, host and producer, discusses some of these trendy topics in the entertainment business. Listen, enjoy, share and subscribe.
- Is Beyonce Africa’s music industry’s savior?
- What’s going on with Wizkid’s career?
- Has Burna Boy finally proved he is an African Giant?
- Did the jury get it right with its $2.8 million verdict against Katy Perry for infringing on Flame’s ‘Joyful Noise’ song?
- Was it necessary for Ubi Franklin to put out the specific statement he did about Tekno leaving MMMG?
About Ms. Uduak
Uduak Oduok (Ms. Uduak), the founder of Africa Music Law, is a Partner and Co-Founder of Ebitu Law Group, P.C. where she handles her firm’s intellectual property law, media, business, fashion, and entertainment law practice areas. For over fifteen years, as an attorney, she has litigated a wide variety of cases in California courts. She has also handled a variety of entertainment deals for clients in the USA, Africa and Asia including network television and licensing deals. Her work and contributions to the creative industry have been recognized by numerous organizations including the National Bar Association, The American University School of Law and featured in prestigious legal publications including the ABA Journal, California Lawyer Magazine, the International Association of Entertainment Lawyers Entertainment Law Book (distributed at MIDEM and at major retailers), Emory University School of Law, Law Review. She is also an Adjunct Professor at the prestigious Academy of Arts University in San Francisco. She can be reached via email (email@example.com).
Where to Find Ms.Uduak
About The Africa Music Law Show
The Africa Music Law show is a show empowering the African artist through brilliant music business and entertainment law commentary and analysis, industry news, and exclusive interviews. The show has been downloaded hundreds of thousands times, made iTunes top 4 ‘New & Noteworthy,’ iTunes top (3) business podcast shows in Nigeria, alongside Peter Schiff and Gary Vaynerchuk. Subscribers include Africa & Hollywood’s power executives, investors, lawyers, artists and other industry stakeholders. The blog itself has been cited in a U.S. top-ranked law school’s ‘International Law Review’ journal. Country demographic: Nigeria (26%), USA (23%), UK (15%), UAE (7%), and Other (29%).
Rate us on iTunes
If you enjoy the show, please leave a comment on our iTunes page and our Stitcher page.
Sponsorship and/or Guest Appearance
Please send email to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives