Highlights of her short film.
1. She grew up in a home that had its own issues like any other home in America. She watched her mother be a people pleaser and felt she had to be that way.
2. She was a people pleaser but has since outgrown it. She is trying to understand herself much the same way we are trying to understand her.
3. She sometimes wishes for anonymity.
4. She did not want to associate herself with the word “feminist” because of all of the various interpretations placed on the word, but she is a feminist.
5. She considers herself a humanist, i.e. looks to science instead of faith to understand the world.
6. She has empathy for men and women and the societal pressures placed on them.
7. It is okay to depend on someone. That’s what life and relationships are about.
8. What good is all the wealth and fame if you have no one to share it with.
9. Marriage is not as scary and can be a beautiful thing. It’s what you make of it.
10. Her love for her career, husband and child, she believes, will outlive her.
Watch and share your thoughts.