Two weeks ago, hip-hop mogul Birdman showed up at New York’s 105.1 The Breakfast Club to warn the hosts of the show “to stop playing with his name.” He demanded they put some “respek” on his name. The video went viral and a few days ago, he finally addressed what that was all about on Ebro’s morning show on Hot 97.7. He discusses gay rumors, his controversial relationship with his artist Lil’ Wayne, fellow hip-hop mogul Rick Ross and more. Birdman has since monetized “respek” with merchandise for sale to the public. He also does have some insightful things to say about the music business and signing artists.
Warning: Strong language/expletives used.
The Breakfast Club Warning
Ebro’s Morning Show
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”
- Join us this Sunday, August 16, 2020, for the ‘Black is King’ Africa Music Law Podcast Roundtable (LIVE STREAM)!