This is an interesting and recently published three-part video series by a handful of representatives from Nigeria’s graphic design community where they call out Burna Boy and Aristokrat Records for alleged copyright infringement. Burna Boy was previously signed to Aristokrat Records before leaving, in 2014, and launching his own record company.
FYI: If you are looking for a Nigerian entertainment lawyer, please visit the following link to learn where and how you can find one: https://www.africamusiclaw.com/nigerian-entertainment-lawyers-group/.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”