Africa’s Music Industry heavyweights from across the continent gather for this informative roundtable to discuss Burna Boy and Wizkid’s recent Grammy wins, western major labels’ continued expansion into the continent, global licensing deals, and what it all means for Africa’s music industry, among other topics. They are also joined by a few “Afrobeats” music fans.
Guests are Patrice Juah (International Affairs & Communications Professional), Ebikiri “Ebixx” Aboro (Technologist), Chosan Kef (artist), Bizzle Osikoya (music executive), Ezegozie Eze (music executive), Camille Storm (media executive), Fentse (media executive), Fawehinmi Oyinkansola (entertainment lawyer), Iredumare Opeyemi (entertainment lawyer).
- The panelists take on the Grammy wins by Burna Boy and Wizkid and what it means for Africa’s music industry and its professionals.
- The panelists take on some of the global and hottest music business deals involving Africa i.e. licensing of catalogs, and expansion into numerous territories in Africa by the majors.
- When we follow the money, what the panelists believe is next or should be next for the music industry?
Where to Find AML Guests
Patrice Juah (Liberia) @patricejuah
Ebikiri “Ebixx” Aboro (Nigeria/USA) @iamebixx
Ahmed Soultan (Morocco) @soultanahmed
Chosan Kef (Sierra Leone/UK/USA) @mrchosan
Bizzle Osikoya (Nigeria) @bizzleosikoya
Ezegozie Eze (Nigeria/USA) @iameze
Camille Storm (Kenya) @camille_storm
Fentse (South Africa) @Fentselite_
Fawehinmi Oyinkansola @Fozadoza
Iredumare Opeyemi (Nigeria) @Iredumare
ABOUT THE AFRICA MUSIC LAW SHOW
- Premier music business and entertainment law show empowering the African artist, and the creative industry at large.
- Made iTunes Top 3 Business Podcasts in Nigeria.
- Made iTunes Top 4 ‘New & Noteworthy’.
- Hundreds of thousands of downloads.
- Subscribers: Africa & Hollywood’s power executives, industry professionals, and creative talents.
- Countries represented: Nigeria (26%), USA (23%), UK (15%), UAE (7%), and Other (29%)
Ms. Uduak – Fashion and Entertainment Lawyer & Founder of Africa Music Law.
Where to Find Host Ms. Uduak
- African and global superstars celebrate Africa Day Concert 2021
- AML 151: Meet Emem Ema, the Artist Manager Extraordinaire Managing Mr. P
- AML 150: Mental Health & Substance Abuse in the Afrobeats Music Industry
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo