Ms. Uduak, the host of The Africa Music Law Show, is joined by her esteemed guests: Negus Alemu and Leyla Konjo for a discussion on the business of music in Ethiopia.
Negus is the Founder and CEO of Royal Festival, Negus Way, and Negus Entertainment and has produced events in the Caribbean and across the African continent with his largest event having over 180,000 people in attendance. He is well versed with music publishing, image rights, merchandising and is a manufacturer and owner of the exclusive license for the reproduction of Haile Selassie t-shirts of which his company (Negus Way) has manufactured and distributed globally. Negus also has a long history and continues to produce events for one of Ethiopia’s most respected music icon, Teddy Afro; and has worked with some of the leading African and Caribbean artists including Davido (Nigerian) and Stephen Marley (Jamaican and son of Bob Marley).
Leyla Konjo is a booking agent and founder of Leyla Entertainment. She has successfully booked some of Africa’s global superstars including Davido, Shatta Wale, and Tekno for nationwide tours in the U.S. and around the globe. Leyla was a performer in her local city’s Cirque du Soleil type circus shows in Ethiopia prior to migrating to the U.S., and has a heritage steeped in entrepreneurship and the arts.
Where to Find AML NEGUS ALEMU AND LEYLA KONJO
ABOUT THE AFRICA MUSIC LAW SHOW
- Premier music business and entertainment law show empowering the African artist, and the creative industry at large.
- Is the industry’s go-to source for business, legal commentary & analysis on Africa’s entertainment market.
- Made iTunes Top 3 Business Podcasts in Nigeria.
- Made iTunes Top 4 ‘New & Noteworthy’.
- Hundreds of thousands of downloads.
- Subscribers: Africa & Hollywood’s power executives, industry professionals, and creative talents.
- Countries represented: Nigeria (26%), USA (23%), UK (15%), UAE (7%), and Other (29%)
Ms. Uduak – Fashion and Entertainment Lawyer & Founder of Africa Music Law.
Where to Find Host Ms. Uduak
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo
- AML 147: Meet Temi Adeniji, MD Warner Music South Africa & SVP, Strategy, Sub-Saharan Africa
- AML 146: Women in “Afrobeats” Music – Eva Alordiah, Weird MC, Joy Tongo
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry