You are Busta Rhymes, a legendary rapper, performing on a very crowded stage. It probably makes sense that you should not be smoking or drinking and getting all “turnt up” in an unnecessarily aggressive manner. It also probably makes sense that you don’t head/nose dive into your audience. It’s not like you are in your 20s anymore. You are now a 42 year old man and there is no guarantee that your audience/crowd can hold your weight up, especially without any warning. But heyyyyyy…
Busta Rhymes did the above recently at a New York concert over the weekend and needless to say, he ended up with a bloody head gash.
As to liability, if for any reason Busta Rhymes should make the attenuated argument that the event organizers were negligent in the provisions provided for his performance, all they need do is point to the video below as exhibit; to argue that he at a minimum should also be liable for his own contributory negligent acts in causing his personal injury.
For now, Busta says he is fine. So, we will just have to take his word for it.
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society