Did Katy Perry Infringe on Christian Rapper Lecrae’s Song ‘Joyful Noise’ with ‘Dark Horse’ ? California Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer and Founder of Africa Music Law, Ms. Uduak Oduok, takes on the copyright infringement lawsuit filed by Christian rappers Lecrae, Flame et al. against Katy Perry, Capitol Records, Juicy J and other Doe Defendants. Lecrae …
Artist to Watch/Features: Samini (Ghana) @samini_dagaati
Gamemanmusic (Nigeria) @gamemanmusic
2. Host Introduction
– Chibok Girls
3. Industry News
– Washingtonian Attempts to Register ‘Nollywood’ as Trademark
-Endorsement Deals (Don Jazzy, Banky W, Kcee, Iyanya, Tiwa Savage, Wizkid, Praiz etc.)
-Licensing Deals (Rap Genius)
-Tours, Performances& New Albums, Videos (YQ, Jaywon, Eminem, Lady Gaga, Asa etc.)
4. Main Feature (Guest)
Guest Feature Ms. Unwam Oduok
a) Commentary on Donald Sterling
b) Commentary on Beyonce, Jay-Z & Solange Fight
c) Commentary on P-Square + What You Need to Know Before You Get into Business with Family or Friend.
5. Final Thoughts/Legal Analysis & Commentary (Host Ms. Uduak)
-Donald Sterling (Right of Privacy v. Public Right to Know + Criminal Law)
– Solange Criminal Battery & Assault on Jay-Z ( Right to Privacy v. Public Right to Know + Federal Wiretapping Law, Criminal Law, Employment, Contract and Copyright Laws).
Click here for all prior Podcast shows.
Show Notes: Host: California based Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Uduak Oduok SEGMENTS Introduction Host Introduction Industry News Fashion: Kofi Ansah, Nike Oshinowo, Zandile Blay Film: Kunle Afolayan, Amaka Igwe, Kerry Washington. Lupita Nyong’o, Half-of-a Yellow Sun, AMAA Awards, Oscars Approves Nigerian Committee for Screening Nollywood films. Criminal/Civil Lawsuits: Appollo Nida & Phaedra Parks, Pebbles v. Viacom, …
NBA v. Donald Sterling, Does the Punishment Fit the Crime
DRUMROLL PLEASE PEOPLE! THE BIG REVEAL IS HERE! It’s here AML People, our new format going forward.
1. The website will in the next few weeks become a membership (free) site. Articles will still be accessible to all. However, make no mistake about it, I am focused on building a solid AML community of industry heads and artists. That is what I intend to focus the rest of my 2014 on.
2. For substantive law coverage of breaking legal issues in the music and entertainment industry at large, expect it, going forward, in a Podcast format. I decided to take the Podcast thing seriously as it offers the best solution for my schedule and it allows me to continue to share insightful and valuable content with you. African radio stations and OAPs, including Nigeria, you have my permission to share my work on your platforms as liberally as you like. I also look forward to having some of you on my show.
3. Finally, I had the P-Square breakup story all ready to go but decided to push out this story instead, especially since I am waiting for my mini-studio equipment to still arrive. 🙂 I am excited! Check on the official podcast, tell me what you think, and it can only get better.
Special shout out to ADAKU, go cop her album if you haven’t already. A special shoutout also to Kidkonnect, thank you to both artists who are featured in this Episode. AML artists I have tons of your work you have sent. I will be reaching out periodically if there is a fit for interviews with you all and of course to share your talents with the world as well.
Does the punishment fit the crime or is it too harsh? Fashion and Entertainment Lawyer and legal blogger Ms. Uduak takes on the interesting legal issues in this case. L.A. Clippers Donald Sterling is caught making racist remarks in the privacy of his home with his mistress. The conversation is recorded, it is alleged illegally, but the NBA uses the illegally obtained statements to ban Sterling for life from the NBA Clippers, fine him $2.5 Million and is looking to force him to sell his ownership in the LA Clippers. Does the Punishment fit the crime or is it too harsh?