This is the second part of a two-part interview starring Jason Njoku, Founder & CEO of IROKO. Njoku joins Ms. Uduak, the host, on the 92nd episode of The Africa Music Law Show to shed great light and details on what it takes to build a successful media/tech/and entertainment company.
Listen to Part 1 here.
About Jason Njoku
Jason Njoku is Founder and CEO of iROKO, the home of Nollywood content. He has pioneered the African digital content market by bringing Nollywood (Nigerian cinema) to a global audience, and in the process has raised over $40m in investment from international VCs, including Tiger Global, Kinnevik, RISE Capital and Canal+.
Launched in 2010, iROKO has aggregated the world’s largest online Nollywood content catalog and is one of Africa’s largest internet TV providers, with a dedicated mobile app, irokotv, as well as ROK TV channels on Sky in the UK and DStv across Africa.
In 2013, Njoku was crowned as the CNBC Africa West Africa Young Business Leader and in 2014, he was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Top 1000 most Creative People in Business.
- Jason’s lessons learned from the start-up stage of IROKO
- Co-founder Bastian Gotter’s exit from IROKO & rebuilding relationship
- Learning to manage employees and stepping aside so they can do their jobs
- Creating a better work culture at IROKO
- Funding Nigeria’s music industry and losing a lot of money while doing it
- Advice for brand sponsors who work with the entertainment industry
- Building systems at IROKO
- Redefining leadership to lead better at IROKO
- Unpacking unattractive personality traits to move IROKO forward
- Jason Njoku’s perspective on industry trends in Nigeria & Africa’s tech, music, and film.
Where to Find Jason Njoku
Where to Find Ms.Uduak
About The Africa Music Law Show with Ms. Uduak
Hosted by California-based Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Uduak Oduok (Ms. Uduak), The Africa Music Law show is a show empowering the African artist through brilliant music business and entertainment law commentary and analysis, industry news, and exclusive interviews. The show has been downloaded over 200,000 times and made iTunes top 4 ‘New & Noteworthy.’ Subscribers include Africa & Hollywood’s power executives, investors, lawyers, artists and other industry stakeholders. The blog itself has been cited in a U.S. top-ranked law school’s ‘International Law Review’ journal. Country demographic: Nigeria (26%), USA (23%), UK (15%), UAE (7%), and Other (29%).
Rate us on iTunes
Sponsorship and/or Guest Appearance
Please send email to: (email@example.com)
Thanks for Listening!
If you enjoyed the show, please share on your social media pages and with friends and family. Also if you have any questions, please feel free to send an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org).