I remember many years ago when Big Brother aired in the USA. I watched a few episodes and decided it was the worst reality television programming I had ever seen. I think the networks agreed because it was a BIG FLOP and died the early death it should have died. Since then, there have been tons of really bad reality shows and WORSE, the West has been able to export some of these bad shows to Africa.
One such pure rubbish exportation is the Big Brother Africa show. What exactly is the point of this reality TV show? Please AML people, do let me know. I am open to actually shifting my view if I can be convinced. I see no value in Black/African people thoroughly disgracing or embarrassing themselves all for money on national and global television.
Do these people think about life after their two minutes of fame?
I’ll let you all draw your conclusions with the clip (below from the producers).
So embarrassing. As a woman of African heritage, I am embarrassed that Africans are behaving this way and are okay with being filmed behaving this way on a program that is syndicated across the entire continent. I presume (the) video clip is an educational piece on how NOT to disgrace your family name and Africa in the eyes of the world.
WARNING LOTS OF PROFANITIES — USED. CLICK AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION
- African and global superstars celebrate Africa Day Concert 2021
- AML 151: Meet Emem Ema, the Artist Manager Extraordinaire Managing Mr. P
- AML 150: Mental Health & Substance Abuse in the Afrobeats Music Industry
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo