Muna Abii, a Nigerian Rapper, Ex-Beauty Queen and current ambassador for Lux Soap, recently went on an ego trip with veteran rapper Modenine. What do you say to this video clip that has just emerged from Nigezie TV?
She is not paid to argue with the judges. She is paid to host/present. Her opinion is irrelevant, in the final analysis. She can say she disagrees with the Judge, although it is still not a good look, per se, given the show and its context. But, when the Judge feels the need to defend his position based on her disagreement, there is no need to further engage and insist on being right. She exceeded the scope of what she was asked to do; and frankly, she should return the fees event producers paid to have her host or provide some discounted rate for her services.
Nevertheless, these things happen and she does not have a history/pattern of such behavior. So, I hope she had the humility to apologize both to Modenine, fellow judges and the event producers and TV network for this.
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society