Muna Abii, a Nigerian Rapper, Ex-Beauty Queen and current ambassador for Lux Soap, recently went on an ego trip with veteran rapper Modenine. What do you say to this video clip that has just emerged from Nigezie TV?
She is not paid to argue with the judges. She is paid to host/present. Her opinion is irrelevant, in the final analysis. She can say she disagrees with the Judge, although it is still not a good look, per se, given the show and its context. But, when the Judge feels the need to defend his position based on her disagreement, there is no need to further engage and insist on being right. She exceeded the scope of what she was asked to do; and frankly, she should return the fees event producers paid to have her host or provide some discounted rate for her services.
Nevertheless, these things happen and she does not have a history/pattern of such behavior. So, I hope she had the humility to apologize both to Modenine, fellow judges and the event producers and TV network for this.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”