From defamation lawsuits to copyright infringement claims, celebrities are being sued for bad behavior on social media.This new feature on AML documents celebrities behaving badly on social media. The actions may or may not lead to legal liability, however, in most cases, it creates bad publicity. I don’t intend to say much than to just post the actions or behavior at issue. You all can draw your conclusions.
First up is the case below that just occurred within the past 24hours and is generating buzz.
Seun Kuti, musician and son of the late Fela Kuti curses out Storm Record Executive Obi Asika on Facebook.
Seun’s statement to Obi Asika:
Photocredit: Lindaikeji.blogspot.com (Tweeter/Facebook photos)
Ladun Liadi’s blog (Seun Kuti/Obi Asika) photos
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society