From defamation lawsuits to copyright infringement claims, celebrities are being sued for bad behavior on social media.This new feature on AML documents celebrities behaving badly on social media. The actions may or may not lead to legal liability, however, in most cases, it creates bad publicity. I don’t intend to say much than to just post the actions or behavior at issue. You all can draw your conclusions.
First up is the case below that just occurred within the past 24hours and is generating buzz.
Seun Kuti, musician and son of the late Fela Kuti curses out Storm Record Executive Obi Asika on Facebook.
Seun’s statement to Obi Asika:
Photocredit: Lindaikeji.blogspot.com (Tweeter/Facebook photos)
Ladun Liadi’s blog (Seun Kuti/Obi Asika) photos
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”