There is an old African saying that you can take the man from the bush but you cannot take the bush away from the man. Certainly there are improvisations in most cultures of the same adage so I am not sure it is an African thing alone.
This saying, in this instance, holds so true for D’banj. Last year, we closed out 2013 with me heaping praises on D’banj’s maturity and being happy for him for the rumored dating of Nigeria/Africa’s film star Genevieve Nnaji. What do you know? I spoke too soon. This man brought the “rachetness” on stage in his recent performance and entered into 2014 with it. The picture above says it all. If this is his idea of fun, on stage, I wonder what happens offstage.
Where do they get this people from?
Prior Stage Tactic in 2013, just getting the memo. I suppose he supports the fight against sexual harassment on women? *Rolls eyes.*
- AML 159: Meet Gary W. Goldstein, Iconic Hollywood Producer
- AML 158: Wizkid x Tems x Justin Bieber “Essence,” Drake CLB, Nextflix in Africa & More!
- AML 157: 1:1 Interview with Top Media Executive Fentselite on Life, Career & More!
- AML 156: How Bad Metadata Makes Artists Lose Out on Royalties with Keith Kirk
- AML 155: NFTs for Artists with David Bianchi, Creator of “The Modern Day-Minstrel” Show