I don’t know that it is a broke people thing. Nigerians are very opinionated people. So, I am unsure why Wizkid attacked the financial status of a fan when the fan corrected his English. In any event, he got slammed by his fan base who reminded him they made him. We talk about branding all the time which is the whole point of this CBB category feature.
Many times it is not worth the exchange on twitter that takes place. Is English our fore/father’s language? If someone is saying you don’t speak English well, thank them and keep it moving or better yet, don’t respond. P-Square, Tonto Dikeh and the likes have been attacked for their diction and lack of English speaking abilities. I personally and professionally could care less if you do not speak English perfectly when you are not an English man or woman. Can you communicate your point? Ok then.
I place more value on character than the ability to speak impressive English.
Anyway check out the tweets and the drama.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives