I remain puzzled with the way (many) Nigerian artists use the ‘N’ word and curse words these days. It’s like every other sentence especially when the cameras stop rolling. They put those who specialize in the ‘N’ word and curse words in the USA to shame.
This case of Wizkid seems to be no exception.
First, a terrible look on Wizkid. I wonder if he was high during these tweets. Indeed we have seen him, live and direct, on video puffing away at a marijuana joint and rapping gleefully while doing it, on You Tube. Second, initially I thought when I saw this story that it was a Wizkid impersonator but checking his twitter handle, it is him!
I’mma let Banky W and the EME crew rein this nonsense in. Their public relations department will want to go to work here.
“Fresh L, known in real life as Ladi Lanre, tweeted earlier that: “WizKid is actually Great and creative! BOJ has alot of room to still grow and he is UNIQUE.. thats y i put him as no1 not cuz hes in DRB.” He added, “BOJ, WIZKID .. in that order.”
This irritated Wizkid who replied: “F**k that nigga Fresh L, his crew, Label, management and every1 else that lied to him about his wack a** career!”
Fresh L re-tweeted that: “Wow “@wizkidayo: F**k that nigga Fresh L,his crew,Label,management and every1 else that lied to him about his wack a** career!”
The Konvict Music artiste, Wizkid did not finish there, after a fan tweet that “fresh l said that boj is better than you. lmfaooooo…”, he tweeted, “**f**k him and his whole crew!..lmao*”
With tension rising high and his reputation at stake, Wizkid quickly tweeted, “Sorry my ppl…..y’all know i’m not like this….but f**k the nigga still!!!…moving on..how r u guys doing 2day?”- by NaijaMayor
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”