Nollywood actor Charles Okocha posted a video on his instagram page yesterday that has since gone viral. In the video, he begins with repeatedly saying, “I’m gonna shine when I’m gonna shine” and taking what seems like anxiety induced heavy breaths. At the later part of the video clip, he breaks down in tears.
It is unclear what the cause of his breakdown is i.e. acting, substance abuse, or other mental health distress. Nevertheless, it is interesting to note that in December 2015, Okocha was allegedly shot in the head by a stray bullet from the gun of a Policeman in Anambra state in Nigeria. Whatever the case, there is clearly a mental health issue here i.e. he is distressed. Therefore, I hope his family and friends see this video so they can ensure he gets the help and support he may need at this time, if any.
Watch Charles Okoya act in ‘Igwe 2Pac’ movie
- AML 159: Meet Gary W. Goldstein, Iconic Hollywood Producer
- AML 158: Wizkid x Tems x Justin Bieber “Essence,” Drake CLB, Nextflix in Africa & More!
- AML 157: 1:1 Interview with Top Media Executive Fentselite on Life, Career & More!
- AML 156: How Bad Metadata Makes Artists Lose Out on Royalties with Keith Kirk
- AML 155: NFTs for Artists with David Bianchi, Creator of “The Modern Day-Minstrel” Show