What an interview. Charlie Sheen revealed today that he is HIV Positive in an exclusive TODAY interview with Matt Lauer. Here are some highlights from the interview with the 50-year-old actor.
- He came forward to avoid continued attacks and extortion. He has paid over $10million in extortion fees to people to keep thing a secret. “I have to put a stop to this onslaught, this barrage of attacks and of sub-truths and very harmful and mercurial stories that are about me, threatening the health of so many others that couldn’t be further from the truth,” he said.
- “It’s a hard three letters to absorb. It’s a turning point in one’s life.”
- He had sex with a prostitute who he told about his health status. She also threatened to expose him.
- He was doing a lot of drugs and making bad decisions even after knowledge of his HIV+ status.
- He has had unprotected sex even after his diagnosis.
- He has told everyone he has had sexual intercourse with about his HIV+ status.
Watch clips from the interview: