It looks like the rest of you AML folks are also on my kind of hectic schedule, on your marks, get set , handle it grind. It is a good look. Let’s get it!
Folks, AML’s Chika Uwazie and Julius Sea Jr.’s DECODED Lyrics will be present a workshop at Obi Asika, Ngozi Odita and team’s Social Media Week Lagos event. The workshop titled ‘Music Discovery in the Digital Age’ sounds quite interesting. I’d be curious to see what new findings there are, if any, with respect to music discovery in Nigeria when contrasted with the West. See below for full details of the event:
By the way, is Chika Uwazie gorgeous or what? Nigerian women are quite beautiful o, aren’t we? And you all say, “yes o.” BIG SMILE.
Artists, industry people, please go out and support if you will be in Lagos.
With the reduced cost of producing music, many aspiring musicians have made the decision to pursue their dream of stardom independently versus trying to sign a recording contract with a major record label. This class will help teach artist understand the tools that are available to freely distribute their music, increase their brand awareness, and engage their fans. The purpose of this session is to discuss how aspiring musicians can take ownership of their career and still be discovered by the millions of music lovers out there.
While showing attendees creative ways to use social media such as Banky W’s Yes/NO lyric video on Youtube, we will also show you how to use other mediums to discover new fans. This will be an interactive workshop where attendees will be able to take away knowledge that they can put to use immediately. This workshop will highlight Kaysha as a case study on how he continues to grow his fan base all over Africa using social media.
This event will also be the official relaunch of Decoded. A music discovery platform for African artist.
In this interactive discussion participants will learn:
- Why is it important for Artists to create a unique brand
- How to use audio websites like soundcloud and hulkshare to build a fan base
- How to use social media to engage with your fans and interact with your super fans
- How to use new fans can discover you through video platforms like Youtube and Vimeo.
- Learn about distribution channels that will distribute your music for free and make you revenue.
This class is for people in the music industry that want to understand how fans discover music in the digital age.
REGISTRATION AND PRESENTER BIO can be found here.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”