Victoria Kimani, a Kenyan-American musician signed to Chocolate City is yet to give us real music. For a talented act like she is who was on the grind making things happen in the USA, before signing to Chocolate City Nigeria, it is unclear what is going on since she signed.
We do know she gave us some video clips she calls a “reality tv” show; and now, she goes topless. Okay. Where is the music Ms. Kimani? What got the attention of many was your music, not you going topless or your “reality tv” show. Get to the music, please.
I suppose for our African female artists, we just drop the bar very low because all they have to do is take clothes off like Victoria Kimani or grind on someone and that’s it?
Next, these same women will show up on the music scene and cry wolf about not being respected by men in the industry or taken seriously as artists or business women. I wonder why?
This clip contradicts everything she claims she would not do with respect to dressing.To me, it is okay to have a change of heart because things are never static, per se.
Reality TV Show, Really?
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives