The Africa Music Law Show with Ms. Uduak Episode 107 concludes a two-part interview series with Chude Jideonwo, the founder of Joy, Inc. (joyinc.xyz). Episode 107 picks up from episode 106 and delves into why Jideonwo helped convince, through his public relations company Red Media, Nigerian youths to vote for Buhari, why he later came to the conclusion that Buhari was a wrong fit for Nigeria, how he has dealt with the criticism and backlash for allegedly misleading Nigerian youths on the role he played in getting Buhari elected, his deeply religious faith and giving the first major keynote at the recently concluded TIERS conference, and finally his pessimistic but hopeful view about Nigeria’s entertainment industry.
Before Joy, Inc., Jideonwo led African media group, RED for 13 years, achieving 100 percent team retention, a 94 percent trust rate and a 96 percent joy rate in his last year; and working on national elections and social movements in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, and Liberia.
- Persuading Nigerian youths to vote for Buhari through Red Media.
- Choosing to publicly criticize President Buhari, Red Media client.
- Ethics in the representation an criticism of clients a publicst/media company represents.
- Dealing with criticisms about his new position that “President Buhari is a disappointment.”
- Public relations and the church.
- Religious belief and giving the TIERS Keynote.
- Pessimistic yet hopeful view of Nigeria’s Entertainment Industry.
Where to Find Chude Jideonwo
About The Africa Music Law Show
Hosted by California-based Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer Uduak Oduok (Ms. Uduak), The Africa Music Law show is a show empowering the African artist through brilliant music business and entertainment law commentary and analysis, industry news, and exclusive interviews. The show has been downloaded over 200,000 times and made iTunes top 4 ‘New & Noteworthy.’ Subscribers include Africa & Hollywood’s power executives, investors, lawyers, artists and other industry stakeholders. The blog itself has been cited in a U.S. top-ranked law school’s ‘International Law Review’ journal. Country demographic: Nigeria (26%), USA (23%), UK (15%), UAE (7%), and Other (29%).
About Ms. Uduak
Uduak Oduok (Ms. Uduak), the founder of Africa Music Law, is a Partner and Co-Founder of Ebitu Law Group, P.C. where she handles her firm’s intellectual property law, media, business, fashion, and entertainment law practice areas. For almost seventeen years, in her role as an attorney, she has litigated a wide variety of cases in California courts. She has also handled a variety of entertainment deals for clients in the USA, Africa and Asia including network television and licensing deals. Her work and contributions to the creative industry have been recognized by numerous organizations including the National Bar Association and featured in prestigious legal publications in the USA: ABA Journal and The California Lawyer Magazine. She can be reached via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on twitter: @uduaklaw.
Where to Find Ms.Uduak
Rate us on iTunes
Sponsorship and/or Guest Appearance
Please send email to (email@example.com)
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Teemanay, DJ Dee Money, Meaku
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Niyi Giggles, Gbenga Solitude, Dokta Frabz, Mathew Ohio
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: How Kaffy Built Nigeria’s Dance Industry From Ground Up