AML artists, I got nothing but love for you guys but y’all need to quit with this showing up in the USA and posing with every Tim, Tom and Harry without thinking carefully about your own personal brands. You are still building your brands, especially here in the USA. Can somebody tell me why D’Banj did not just take a picture with Bobby Shriver, without the placard?
I understand he wants to affiliate with fame here in the USA, directly or indirectly or by any means necessary but common?! Bobby Shriver is the older brother of Maria Shriver (a Kennedy, ex-First Lady of California and Wife to ex-California Governor/Actor Arnold Schwarzenegger). Fine. Take the picture without the appearance of politically endorsing him. Would any American, average citizen or celeb show up in Nigeria or any part of Africa and take this kind of picture??!!
D’Banj is visiting the USA. He is not a resident of Los Angeles, he is not involved in California or L.A. local politics. Why exactly is he standing next to Bobby Shriver and holding that signage for? Common D’Banj! You know better. Sheesh! So irritating.
- Why Beyonce Gets it Right in Depiction of Africans in ‘Already’ Video ft. Shatta Wale
- AML 138: Meet Adesola Titilayo, the Woman Simplifying Royalties Collection for African Artists
- AML 137: Meet Leyla Konjo, Africa’s Music Industry Top Booking Agent (Interview)
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’