New York based promoter and entrepreneur Cos Canino has launched his own record label called UDR Records; and signed a new act to his label.
According to Canino, “UDR Records is the newest division of UnderDaRock Entertainment. The focus of UDR Records is to provide a platform for the most talented up and coming artists while also providing a secure home for more seasoned artists.
Since 2004, UnderDaRock Entertainment has been working with top African talents such as P-Square, Jaywon, Banky W, De-Waves, Sheyman, Iyanya, Davido, 2Face just to name a few.”
Regarding his new signee, he had this to say:
“Biola Adeleye, popularly known as Bibee, began her career in London U.K. Bibee has performed at prestigious events such as the Panache Global Entertainment Awards, and graced one of the worlds most renowned stages, The O2 Arena in London, with world famous 2Face Idibia.
Now located in Lagos, Nigeria, Bibee is ready to take her career to the next level, and signing with UDR Records is a strategic step to her success.
“I have always felt that Nigerian female artists are under and misrepresented in the industry, something that I want to be a part of changing. I am looking forward to being a part of this change starting with Bibee. We at UDR Records are super excited about her talent, music and work ethic”, said Canino.
“Bibee will be co-managed with Ebuwa Martins of White Martinz Productions.”
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”
- Join us this Sunday, August 16, 2020, for the ‘Black is King’ Africa Music Law Podcast Roundtable (LIVE STREAM)!