Greetings my dear AML people.
I hope this week is a productive and healthy one for you all in all of your business and career pursuits.
Perhaps someone here can explain why M.I Abaga, Vice President for Chocolate City, is on twitter defending the lawsuit by Chocolate City against Brymo?
Chocolate City is represented by counsel. For all intended purposes, all discussions regarding complying with the contract terms or lack thereof, should be channeled to the law firm representing the client to handle any questions. To the degree the firm is not handling statements to the press or media, then a designated spokesperson for the label should be doing so, and definitely not on twitter.
Is M.I designated to speak about the suit? If so, why is he on twitter doing this? Where is his credibility given the close relationship he shares with Jesse Jagz, his brother, who left the label in a not so happy fashion? M.I, please get off twitter or take a seat on the Chocolate City discussions, your company is in litigation with its artist. This is not the time to play whatever it is you are playing on twitter. Let the lawyers and designated publicists/spokesperson handle this. Thank you.
Check out M.I’s tweet below that has caused consternation and angry statements across the net.
Feel free to share your comments.
They really dont want Brymo to flourish. What is @MI_Abaga doing. I thought u always screaming peace online cant u settle them?
@BabaOloriokoBB if u believe that.. Then u r misled. Contracts must be honored. Fin.
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Teemanay, DJ Dee Money, Meaku
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Niyi Giggles, Gbenga Solitude, Dokta Frabz, Mathew Ohio
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: How Kaffy Built Nigeria’s Dance Industry From Ground Up